Every week, I perform a free Adwords audit to help a small business in Perth. Today I’m helping a chiropractor called Young Chiropractic.
This review is based on the keyword “chiropractor perth prices”, performed on 13th of September 2017. Young Chiropractic are currently in position 3 for this keyword with the following AD:
So what can Young Chiropractic do to improve their Adwords campaigns?
What’s the Objective of the Ad?
The first thing to review is whether the objective of Young Chiropractic’s ad is clear.
In the case of someone searching for chiropractor prices, I would say their main objective is to see information about how much the chiro charges and then to book an appointment.
In Young Chiropractic’s ad they do not mention the word prices. In the description there is a reference to them being affordable. When you click through to the landing page there is no obvious information about pricing. The landing page does have a clickable phone number in the top right hand corner which is good but I think they are missing the mark by not having a call to action to book an appointment within the above the fold content.
1) I think there is a lot Young Chiropractic can do to improve.
- they need to re-write this ad to include the word prices or pricing
- they need to include pricing information on the landing page
- they should offer a highly discounted first consultation on their landing page
Are the Ads Effective?
The next thing to review is whether Young Chiropractic’s ads have been written effectively.
The Google Adwords program rewards advertisers that have a high click through rate (CTR).
One of the main things that can influence CTR is having the keyword the user types in the ad itself.
Here’s how Young Chiropractic performed:
|Headline||Chiropractor Perth – Natural & Gentle Treatment||No|
|Description||Open 8am-12pm & 2:30pm-6pm. Monday to Friday. Affordable & Convenient
Open till 6pm on Weekdays · Wembley Clinic
Below is their ad compared to their competitors:
Based on the above I believe Young Chiropractic can make their ads more relevant and include more benefits in their copy.
2) Here’s how I would write their Ad:
Headline: Chiropractor Perth Prices – Half Price First Consultation
Description: Chiropractor Perth – Half price first consultation – natural and gentle treatments – call to book today
Is the Landing Page Optimised?
Another factor to look at is whether the landing page includes the keyword.
In Young Chiropractic’s case, I’ve checked their landing page to see if keyword is present on the page:
|Landing page||Present on page|
3) Based on the above it’s clear that Young Chiropractic are using their homepage as the main landing page for their adwords ads. By creating specific pages they will improve their CTR’s, quality score and lower the cost they pay per click.
Are They Using Sitelinks?
The final factor I’m going to look at is sitelinks.
Sitelinks are easy to setup and boost CTR’s but surprisingly a lot of small businesses aren’t using them.
4) This is the case for Young Chiropractic. These are the sitelinks I’d setup for Young Chiropractic:
- Sitelinks: Sciatica Treatment, Lower Back Pain Treatment, Our Chiros, Contact Us
- Location: Suite 3, 39 Flynn Street, Wembley, Western Australia 6014
- Phone: (08) 9383 9288
- Call Out: Open to 6PM on Weekdays, 10 Mins from Perth CBD, Free parking
I hope you’ve found this free Adwords audit insightful. If you’d like to work with an Adwords Freelance Consultant rather than one of the agencies please contact me here.