Every week, I perform a free Adwords audit to help a small business in Perth. Today I’m helping a pest control company called Rapid Hygiene.
This review is based on the keyword “pest control perth”, performed on 25/09/17.
Rapid Hygiene are currently in position 4 for this keyword with the following AD:
So what can Rapid Hygiene do to improve their Adwords campaigns?
The Ad’s Objective is to….
The first thing to review is whether the objective of Rapid Hygiene’s ad is clear.
In the case of a pest control company, I would say their main objective would be to get visitor to request a quote, either online or by calling them.
In the case of Rapid Hygiene’s ad, they are showing an 1 800 number within the Ad but there is no mention of receiving a quote. The landing page has their 1 800 number above the fold and it is clickable, which is good, however the landing page also has no mention of receiving a quote or a call to action telling the visitor what to do next.
I think there is a bit Rapid Hygiene can do to improve.
1) Include a call to action in their Ad that asks the visitor to click through and request a free quote.
2) Include benefits within the Ad to click through. Why should the visitor use Rapid Hygiene rather than their competitors. Do they have better prices, a more comprehensive service, less toxic chemicals etc
3) Include a call to action and button on the landing page that the user can click to request a free quote.
Can The Ads CTR Be Improved?
The next thing to review is whether Rapid Hygiene’s ads have been written effictively.
The Google Adwords program rewards advertisers that have a high click through rate (CTR).
One of the main things that can influence CTR is having the keyword the user types in the ad itself.
Here’s how Rapid Hygiene performed:
|Headline||Rapid Hygiene – Pest Control | The Complete Solution||No|
|Description||Give pests the flick!||No|
Below is their ad compared to their competitors:
Based on the above I believe Rapid Hygiene can make their ads more relevant and include more benefits in their copy.
4) Here’s how I would write their Ad:
Headline: Pest Control Perth – Rapid Hygiene!
Description: Perth Pest Control – Safe & Effective Commercial Aerosol Solutions – Call Us Today For Free Quote
How About The Landing Page?
Another factor to look at is whether the landing page includes the keyword.
In Rapid Hygiene’s case, I’ve checked their landing page to see if keyword is present on the page:
|Landing page||Present on page|
5) Based on the above Rapid Hygiene should update their landing page to include the keyword pest control Perth in the meta description, H1 and body copy.
How About Sitelinks?
The final factor I’m going to look at is sitelinks.
Sitelinks are easy to setup and boost CTR’s but surprisingly a lot of small businesses aren’t using them.
6) This is the case for Rapid Hygiene. These are the sitelinks I’d setup for Rapid Hygiene:
- Sitelinks: Insect/ Pest Control, AirCare Solutions, Testimonials, FAQs
- Location: 23/12 Cowcher Place, Belmont, WA 6104, Australia
- Phone: 1 800 927 792
- Call Out: Fully certified & Insured, Environmentally Friendly, Complete Hygiene Solution
I hope you’ve found this free Adwords audit insightful. Check out Perth Performance Based Google Adwords Management For Small Businesses