Every week, I perform a free Adwords audit to help a small business in Perth.
Today I’m helping an air conditioning company called Actron Air .
This review is based on the keyword “air conditioning perth”, performed on 19/09/2017.
Actron Air are currently in position 4 for this keyword with the following AD:
So what can Actron Air do to improve their Adwords campaigns?
What’s the Ad Aiming to Acheive?
The first thing to review is whether the purpose of Actron Air’s ad is clear.
In the case of air conditioning, I would say their main purpose should be to ask they visitor for some details so they can provide a quote.
1) The ad doesn’t specifically mention the word quote, however it’s very clear that the landing page is all about asking the visitor for details to be able to provide them a quote. I think they could improve their conversion rates by telling the visitor in the ad that they can get a free quote when they click through.
Have the Ads Been Written to Boost CTR?
The next thing to review is whether Actron Air ‘s ads have been written to boost CTR. Having a high CTR results in lower cost per clicks and is very important for improving the Ads quality score.
Having the keyword the user types in the ad itself is something that can improve CTR.
Here’s how Actron Air performed:
|Headline||Air Conditioning Perth – actronair.com.au||Yes|
|Description||Contact ActronAir & Save Up To $900 A Year On Air Conditioning Bills! Award Winning Range · Reliable · Built To Perform||No|
Below is their ad compared to their competitors:
Based on the above I believe Actron Air can use the keyword more effectively in their ad
2) Here’s how I would write their Ad:
Headline: Air Conditioning Perth – Claim Your Free Consult
Description: Save Up To $900 A Year On Air Conditioning Perth! Call Actron Air today for your free consultation.
How Can The Landing Page Be Improved?
Another factor to look at is whether the landing page includes the keyword.
In Actron Air’s case, I’ve checked their landing page to see if keyword is present on the page:
|Landing page||Present on page|
|Meta description||Not exactly|
3) Based on the above Actron Air should update their landing page to include the keyword air conditioning Perth in their meta description, H1 tag and body copy. This will improve their quality score and lower their cost per click.
Are Sitelinks Being Userd?
The final factor I’m going to look at is sitelinks.
Sitelinks are easy to setup and boost CTR’s but surprisingly a lot of small businesses aren’t using them.
4) This is the case for Actron Air. These are the sitelinks I’d setup for Actron Air:
- Sitelinks: Home Air Conditioning | Commercial Air Conditioning | Awards | Case Studies
- Location: Suite 7, 231 Balcatta Road, Balcatta WA 6021
- Phone: 1300 522 722
- Call Out: Split System | Ducted | AIRAH Awards | Cool World Awards | 5 Year Warranty
I hope you’ve found this free Adwords audit insightful. Please check out #1 Adwords Consultant Perth