Every week I bring you the latest Web Design News. This week’s stories are about using SMS on your WordPress sites, the updated Upfront theme, making bulk edits on WordPress, Google’s new version of Chrome and displaying post meta data.
A Guide to SMS for WordPress and Integrating It With Your Website
- Every month, there are 2 billion messages exchanged between businesses and consumers through Messenger.
- 53% of their users said they are more likely to buy from a brand that they have a direct line of communication with.
- 56% said that they prefer those communications to be done via message instead of a phone call.
Suzanne Scacca shared this intriguing post on the wpmudev blog. SMS is definitely an under used technology by business! This handy post shows 7 different tools and plugins that you can use in your web design and development to differentiate your services from your competitors. If you want to impress your web design clients – here’s how – check out this post and thank me later 🙂 1
100+ New Reasons to Use the Upfront Theme Framework
If you blinked you probably missed it. We recently gave our Upfront drag and drop theme framework a new UI, improved plugin integrations, and a bunch of performance enhancements!
Joshua Dailey recently shared on the wpmudev blog that they have made major enhancements to the Upfront Theme. If you’re a fan of wpmudev then head on over to this post and check out what they’re doing. I’m personally a fan of Thrive Themes, but wpmudev are very highly regarded in the WordPress theme and plugin market.2
How to Make the Most of WordPress’s Bulk Editing Functionality
It probably won’t be all that often when you find yourself having to apply the same exact edit to a large number of posts or pages. However, if the occasion should arise, would you rather have to tackle each page’s update piecemeal or would you like to apply it as one bulk edit?
This how to post by Brenda Barron shows how to make bulk edits on WordPress. It’s a practical post and I love the very first tip about how to see more than 20 posts at a time. To think that you can change this setting to 200 very easily makes me wonder how much time I have lost in the past because I haven’t taken advantage of this handy tip. If you do a lot of WordPress web design and development head on over to this post and check it out.3
Google Warnings For Form Input Over HTTP Coming in October
In just over a month, Chrome version 62 will be released, and websites with any kind of text input will require an SSL certificate if they want to avoid a “Not Secure” warning in the address bar.
There has been a lot of news recently about Google’s new version of Chrome. Tony Perez on the Securi blog shares how the new Google Chrome is going to make it very clear that a website is NOT SECURE. Basically the new version of Chrome is going to tell users that the website is not secure if it is still using the http:// protocol rather than https://
I think this is a good move as it is likely to force website owners to convert their sites to https.4
How to Display Blog Post Meta Data in Your WordPress Themes
Post meta data are relevant information about your blog post such as published date, category, author name, etc.
This post was recently shared on the wpbeginner blog. This is a practical post showing exactly how to add post meta data to WordPress. Personally I don’t think adding this meta data is going to give you much of a boost in terms of search engine optimisation, however, every little bit of optimisation helps so if you have the time check this out.5
Well that’s it for Web Design news this week. Hope you have a great week and if you want to reach out for help with Web Design please contact me here. I’ll beat the Perth Agencies Best Web Design Quote by 50%
This post first appeared on https://www.perthmarketingcompany.com.au/
- A Guide to SMS for WordPress and Integrating It With Your Website, WPMUDEV, https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/sms-wordpress/, Suzanne Scacca, 28/08/2017
- 100+ New Reasons to Use the Upfront Theme Framework, https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/huge-upfront-theme-updates/?ptma=b&utm_expid=3606929-109.P6e7JvhjTrWFxwrJZjRkog.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Ffeedly.com%2Fi%2Fcategory%2FWeb%2520design, Joshua Dailey, 2017-08-29
- How to Make the Most of WordPress’s Bulk Editing Functionality, https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpresss-bulk-edit/?ptma=b&utm_expid=3606929-109.P6e7JvhjTrWFxwrJZjRkog.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Ffeedly.com%2Fi%2Fcategory%2FWeb%2520design, Brenda Barron, 2017-08-27
- Google Warnings For Form Input Over HTTP Coming in October, https://blog.sucuri.net/2017/08/google-warning-text-input-forms-october-https-ssl.html, Tony Perez, 2017-08-28
- How to Display Blog Post Meta Data in Your WordPress Themes, How to Display Blog Post Meta Data in Your WordPress Themes, http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-display-post-meta-data-in-wordpress-themes/, 2017-08-28