Every week, I perform a free Adwords audit to help a small business in Perth.
Today I’m helping an electrician called GL Lightning Electrical.
This review is based on the keyword “emergency electrician perth”, performed on 4 September 2017.
GL Lightning Electrical are currently in position 6 for this keyword with the following AD:
So what can GL Lightning Electrical do to improve their Adwords campaigns?
What’s the Objective of the Ad?
The first thing to review is whether the objective of GL Lightning Electrical’s ad is clear.
In the case of an emergency electrician, I would say their main objective should be to get visitors to call them for a quote.
Their ad mentions Get a Quote Now so that is a good start, however what the ad is missing is the word emergency and their hours of operation. People searching for an emergency electrician want to be able to call someone right away. The landing page does have a Get a Quote button at the bottom of the above the fold content and their phone number, email and hours of operation are prominently displayed. However, nowhere on the page is an acknowledgement that they are an emergency electrician and their hours of operation when I checked indicated they were closed.
I think there is a lot GL Lightning Electrical can do to improve.
1) Their Ad should mention the word emergency, should clearly state their hours of operation and should have a phone number to call right away
2) Their landing page needs to acknowledge that the searcher is searching for an emergency electrician. This could be with a big headline that reads something like “Do You Have an Electrical Emergency? Call Us Now On 6166 9555 We’re Open From 7.30 to 6 Mon-Sat”.
Are the Ads Effective?
The next thing to review is whether GL Lightning Electrical’s ads have been written effectively.
The Google Adwords program rewards advertisers that have a high click through rate (CTR).
One of the main things that can influence CTR is having the keyword the user types in the ad itself.
Here’s how GL Lightning Electrical performed:
|Headline||Electrician Perth – Affordable Local Electrician||No|
|Description||Highly skilled sparky who can handle all your electrical needs. Get a quote now!||No|
Below is their ad compared to their competitors:
Based on the above I believe GL Lightning Electrical can make their ads more relevant and include more benefits in their copy.
3) Here’s how I would write their Ad:
Headline: Emergency Electrician Perth – Call Now 6166 9555
Description: Looking for an emergency electrician in Perth that can help right away? Call us for a quote right now on 6166 9555
Is the Landing Page Optimised?
Another factor to look at is whether the landing page includes the keyword.
In GL Lightning Electrical’s case, I’ve checked their landing page to see if keyword is present on the page:
|Landing page||Present on page|
4) Based on the above GL Lightning Electrical should update their landing page to include the keyword emergency electrician Perth in the Meta Title, meta description, H1 and body copy. GL Lightning Electrical are making a common Adwords mistake which is sending traffic to their homepage. They would almost certainly benefit from having a dedicated landing page.
Are They Using Sitelinks?
The final factor I’m going to look at is sitelinks.
Sitelinks are easy to setup and boost CTR’s but surprisingly a lot of small businesses aren’t using them.
5) This is the case for GL Lightning Electrical. These are the sitelinks I’d setup for GL Lightning Electrical:
- Sitelinks: Why GL Lighting, 16 Electrical Services, 6 Showcase Projects, Contact Us
- Location: (this is missing on their website)
- Phone: 6166 9555
- Call Out: Fault Finding, Switchboard Upgrades, RCD’s
I hope you’ve found this free Adwords audit insightful.
If you’d like me to review your company/ industry please check out my Perth Google Adwords Management Service.