Every week, I perform a free Adwords audit to help a small business in Perth.
Today I’m helping a plumbing company called Dianella Plumbing.
This review is based on the keyword “plumber perth”, performed on 31st August 2017.
Dianella Plumbing are currently in position 3 for this keyword with the following AD:
So what can Dianella Plumbing do to improve their Adwords campaigns?
What’s the Objective of the Ad?
The first thing to review is whether the objective of Dianella Plumbing’s ad is clear.
In the case of a plumbing, I would say their main objective should be to get the visitor to request a quote for plumbing services.
Dianella Plumbing’s ad doesn’t mention getting a quote. Their landing page also doesn’t mention anything about getting a quote. The ad does mention they have no call out fee and so does the landing page so this is good.
I think there is a lot Dianella Plumbing can do to improve.
1) Their Ad should mention getting a free quote
2) Their landing page should have a bold heading telling the visitor how they can get a quote – something like “Get Your Free Plumbing Quote In the Next 2 Hours”.
3) They could also have a form or clickable call us button on the landing page to make it easier for visitors to contact them
Are the Ads Effective?
The next thing to review is whether Dianella Plumbing’s ads have been written effictively.
The Google Adwords program rewards advertisers that have a high click through rate (CTR).
One of the main things that can influence CTR is having the keyword the user types in the ad itself.
Here’s how Dianella Plumbing performed:
|Headline||Need A Plumber In Perth? | No Call Out Fee – dianellaplumbing.com.au||Yes|
|Description||Blocked Drains, Hot Water Systems, Burst Pipes. Plumber Available In Perth||Yes/No|
Below is their ad compared to their competitors:
4) Based on the above I believe Dianella Plumbing can make their ads more relevant and include more benefits in their copy.
Here’s how I would write their Ad:
Skilled Perth Plumber | Free Quote & No Call Out Fee
No change to their URL!
Skilled Perth Plumber. Free Quote. No call Out Fee. Available Now.
Is the Landing Page Optimised?
Another factor to look at is whether the landing page includes the keyword.
In Dianella Plumbing’s case, I’ve checked their landing page to see if keyword is present on the page:
|Landing page||Present on page|
5) Based on the above Dianella Plumbing should update their landing page to include the keyword Painter Perth in the meta title & description, H1 and in the body copy.
Are They Using Sitelinks?
The final factor I’m going to look at is sitelinks.
Sitelinks are easy to setup and boost CTR’s but surprisingly a lot of small businesses aren’t using them.
6) This is the case for Dianella Plumbing. These are the sitelinks I’d setup for Dianella Plumbing:
- Sitelinks: Hot Water | Blocked Drains | About Dianella | Contact Andrew
- Location: Perth, WA
- Phone: 0450 070 217
- Call Out: Latest Drain Jetting Equipment | Qualified Plumber & Gas Fitter
I hope you’ve found this free Adwords audit insightful. I am the self confessed #1 Google Adwords Perth Consultant
If you’d like me to review your company/ industry please contact me.
This article was first seen on https://www.perthmarketingcompany.com.au/